CfA: Deputy Office Manager/ Programme Coordinator – India Branch Office, New Delhi
Deadline: March 10, 2017
Max Weber Stiftung – India Branch Office, New Delhi is looking for a full-time Deputy Office Manager/ Programme Coordinator for its office in New Delhi.
The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the management of the Branch Office in New Delhi and, if required, liaise with administrative partners in Germany, the UK and India. She/he is expected to assume responsibility for the general and all-round support for the research programme of the Branch Office and will report to the Head of India Programme of the MWS.
The position starts at the earliest possible date and is initially for two years with the possibility of extension.
Duties include but are not be limited to
- Supporting the Office Manager with the general running of the office including keeping accounts and records, maintaining rules in the house, liaising with accountants, lawyers and, along with the Office Manager, general supervision of staff at the office.
- Supporting the Head of Programme in a range of organisational and administrative tasks related to the research programme of the office, the preparation and documentation of correspondence and maintenance of physical and electronic filing systems,
- Event management – including coordinating workshop and conference programmes, organising business meetings, and taking charge of publicity for the events, booking venue, arranging catering, accommodation for delegates and guests, hotel transfers, assisting with conference and business visas
- Liaising with the administrative staff of the MWS’ partners in India
- Writing reports of events, minutes of meetings etc
- Maintenance of the website of the India Programme and Facebook page, as well as e-storage systems, such as Dropbox
- General administrative duties, for example, preparation of employment contracts and official correspondence
- Assisting project partners and research associates with logistical support as and when required
- General communications, publicity and public relations for the research programme of the MWS in India (including setting up and maintaining PR databases, and dealing with enquiries from the general public or organisations over the phone and email)
Skills and Experience
- A university degree up to at least Masters level or equivalent post-graduate professional qualifications from a recognised university or professional body is essential
- Very good knowledge of English, both spoken and written
- High level of proficiency in MS Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Practical experience of event management is required and experience of working in an admin role, preferably in an international environment, would be an advantage
- Ability to process complex information, results-driven, dedicated, with a strong sense of initiative and a keen eye for detail
- An excellent team player, flexible, organised and reliable with well-developed communication skills, a pleasant personality with a professional attitude, ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Cross-cultural skills and the ability to interact with academics and researchers from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Familiarity with the organisation of academic research, ideally on an international level, is desirable.
- Some knowledge of German or willingness to learn German upon starting employment
- Study or work experience in Germany would be an asset though not essential
- Willingness to travel and to work outside of office hours
- This is not an entry-level position and some work experience is required, ideally in a research organisation/NGO/cultural institute. However, strong candidates who meet all other criteria will be considered for the position.
Salary range Rs 57000 -Rs 80,000 pm depending on qualifications and experience, generous leave rules and medical benefits
The successful candidate will be employed by the Max Weber Foundation, which is a family-friendly, equal opportunity employer dedicated to fostering workplace equality for men and women. We particularly invite applications from women for this post. To the extent possible, some flexibility of working hours is possible. Preference will be given to candidates with disabilities. Please send your application with cover letter and usual documents (CV, certificates, two references, at least one of which should be from a previous employer, LinkedIn link etc) by email in PDF format to Rohan Seth (seth(at)mwsIndia.org) by 10 March 2017. Postal applications will not be accepted.
Interviews will be conducted on 16 March 2017 in New Delhi. Should you not be available at the time, please indicate this in your cover letter.