[CLOSED] ICAS:MP is looking for a Publishing Consultant (Freelancer)
The International Centre of Advanced Studies ‘Metamorphoses of the Political: Comparative Perspectives on the Long Twentieth Century’ (ICAS:MP) working in India under the aegis of the Max Weber Stiftung India Branch Office, is an interdisciplinary research project (Humanities/Social Science) with approx. seventy permanent members and ten to fifteen short-term fellows p.a. The project is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) until June 2024. Research within the ICAS:MP framework is organised in six different Thematic Modules which approach the ‘Metamorphoses of the Political’ from distinctive vantage points (please see our website https://micasmp.hypotheses.org/ for more information).
ICAS:MP is looking for a Publishing Consultant (PC) who will refine, execute and maximise the project’s publication strategy across a range of genres and formats on a freelance basis. S/he will mainly be responsible for the publications of the ICAS:MP fellows (10-15 p.a.; one article each, each article comprising 8-10,000 words) and ICAS:MP members (also approx. 10 articles p.a.). The articles shall be published in an open access paper series organised in collaboration with perspectivia.net, the publishing platform of the Max Weber Stiftung ‚Foundation German Humanities Institutes abroad’, and in a series of Edited Volumes published with Cambridge University Press. Edited Volumes will predominantly be attached to the project’s conferences.
The Editorial Consultant shall
- Work with the ICAS:MP directors to define goals and set short-term and long-term targets for the publication programme
- Work closely with the coordinators of the Thematic Modules to conceive and propose new series for research modules in print or digital format
- Provide editorial support to ICAS:MP scholars and researchers to ensure that the publications are rapidly and consistently edited to a high quality
- Coordination of language editing
- If necessary, provide sound guidance and practical advice on all aspects of publishing, including (but not limited to):
- Print publication
- Open Access Digital publications and resources
- Journal operations and development
- Copyright, licensing and Creative Commons
- Publishing contracts and requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Pre- and post-publication peer review
- Plagiarism and publishing ethics
- Measuring publication impact
Interested freelancers shall hand in an application comprising
- references of their experience in academic publishing with ideally a deep understanding of the digital and print media;
- a first proposal (max. 2 pages) of their envisaged publication strategy incl. milestones from March 2019 to February 2021. The first three months shall be dedicated to refine ICAS:MP’s publication strategy (part a), which shall be executed in the following months/years (part b). In the proposal, ideas regarding the above mentioned tasks shall be elaborated upon
- an expected honorarium (part a and b) incl. a calculation of estimated hours with a price per hour or work day.
Please send your application compiled in one single pdf until 24 February 2019 to Dr. Laila Abu-Er-Rub (email@example.com).