[CLOSED] ICAS:MP advertises the position of Programme Assistant [closing date: 12 October 2020]
The M.S. Merian-R. Tagore International Centre for Advanced Studies “Metamorphoses of the Political” (ICAS:MP), a project of the Max Weber Stiftung India Branch Office, is looking for a Programme Assistant.
The position is for two years with the possibility of extension. The successful candidate will report to the ICAS:MP Directors and the Head of Administration (HoA), and will assist the two Programme Officers (Event/PR & Finance). She / he shall assist in administering the office of ICAS:MP. Her / His tasks shall include but not be limited to:
- Helping run the extra workspace for the ICAS:MP project of the Max Weber Stiftung, India Branch Office in New Delhi
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the ICAS:MP directors, the HoA, and the two Programme Officers
- Arrange meetings, manage calendars, and maintain records/ documentation
- Assist the administration and logistics of events and workshops under supervision of the HoA and the programme officers
- Make the administrative and logistical arrangements for guest researchers (ICAS:MP fellows and invited guests for conferences and workshops) for visas, logistics, etc.
- Logically and effectively maintain project files and documents
- Provide practical and administrative support to the Directors, the HoA and the two Programme Officers (room bookings, confirmations, printing PR material, set up technical equipment, liaise with vendors)
- Liaise with staff and guests involved in the project
- Ensure smooth and effective project communications, for example, website maintenance, newsletter production, press releases, gallery updates, etc.
- Maintain contact and a literature database
- Help the Programme Officer Finance maintain complete and accurate financial records, for example by organising receipts and invoices
- Support the timely dissemination of reports and other project documentation
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong communication skills and excellent command of English and Hindi
- Strong computer skills (proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Flexibility to work outside office hours and from home, if required
- Experience in programme coordination, event management, etc.
- Highly organised and able to handle multiple tasks
The candidate will be expected to work closely with the project management team in New Delhi and the administrative partners in Germany and India. Knowledge of German and/or experience with Indian and German academic landscape will be an added advantage. Given the international nature of ICAS:MP (international scholars and conferences) experience in dealing with people from a diverse, international background and assisting with logistical problems in India would be an asset.
Salary range: INR 52,000 to INR 56,000 per month, depending on qualifications and experience. Very generous leave rules and medical benefits.
The candidate will be employed by the Max Weber Foundation, which is a family-friendly, equal opportunity employer dedicated to fostering workplace equality for both men and women. We particularly invite applications from women for this post. As far as possible, the Centre allows for flexible working hours. Preference will be given to candidates with disabilities. Please send your application by email with the usual documents (CV, cover letter, certificates, names and email addresses of two referees) in PDF format to Mr. Himanshu Chawla (email@example.com) by 12 October 2020. Postal applications will not be accepted.
Interviews will most likely be conducted online on 19 October 2020. Should you not be available on that day, please indicate this in your cover letter. Only those candidates that are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. The position shall start at the earliest convenience of the successful candidate, ideally in November or December 2020.
For further information on the Max Weber Stiftung and the ICAS:MP project, please visit the following website:
Cite this blog post
Himanshu (2020, July 23). [CLOSED] ICAS:MP advertises the position of Programme Assistant [closing date: 12 October 2020]. ICAS:MP. Retrieved February 28, 2024, from https://doi.org/10.58079/rfab