[CLOSED] Call for Applications: Programme Assistant needed
The M.S. Merian-R. Tagore International Centre for Advanced Studies “Metamorphoses of the Political” (ICAS:MP), a project of the Max Weber Stiftung India Branch Office, is looking for a full-time Programme Assistant.
The position is initially for three months (January to March 2022), with the possibility of extension until June 2024. The successful candidate will report to the ICAS:MP Directors and the Head of Administration (HoA) and assist two Programme Officers (Event/PR & Finance). The candidate shall help administer the office of ICAS:MP. The role shall include but not be limited to:
- Help run the ICAS:MP office
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the ICAS:MP directors, the HoA, and the Programme Officers (room bookings, confirmations, printing PR material, set up technical equipment, liaise with vendors)
- Manage social media (Twitter and Facebook) under the supervision of the HoA and ensure smooth and effective project communications, for example, website maintenance, newsletter production, press releases, gallery updates, etc.
- Arrange meetings, manage calendars, and maintain records/documentation
- Assist the administration and logistics of events and workshops under the supervision of the HoA and the programme officers
- Make administrative and logistical arrangements for guest researchers (e.g. for visa and travel)
- Logically and effectively maintain project files and documents
- Liaise with members, Fellows and guests involved in the project
- Maintain a contact database
- Help the Programme Officer Finance maintain complete and accurate financial records, for example, by organising receipts and invoices
- Support the timely dissemination of reports and other project documentation
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong communication skills and excellent command of English and Hindi
- Strong computer skills (proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and ideally also in InDesign/Photoshop, WordPress and Mailchimp)
- Flexibility to work outside office hours and from home, if required
- Experience in programme coordination, event management, etc.
- Highly organised and able to handle multiple tasks
The candidate will be expected to work closely with the project management team in New Delhi and the administrative partners in Germany and India. Knowledge of German and/or experience with the Indian and German academic landscape will be an added advantage. Given the international nature of ICAS:MP, experience in dealing with people from diverse, international backgrounds would be an asset.
Salary range: INR 52,000 to INR 56,000 per month, depending on qualifications and experience. Very generous leave rules and medical benefits.
The candidate will be employed by the Max Weber Foundation, which is a family-friendly, equal opportunity employer dedicated to fostering workplace equality for both men and women. We particularly invite applications from women for this post. As far as possible, the Centre allows flexible working hours. Preference will be given to candidates with disabilities. Please send your application by email with the usual documents (CV, cover letter, certificates, names and email addresses of two referees) in PDF format to Himanshu Chawla (firstname.lastname@example.org) latest by 20 November 2021. Postal applications will not be accepted.
Interviews will most likely be conducted online at the end of November/beginning of December 2021. Only candidates shortlisted for the interview will be contacted. The position shall start at the earliest convenience of the successful candidate, ideally in January 2022.